- If a seat is not available for the route and pass type selected, you will be notified by email and placed on a waitlist for that seat to open.
- There are no refunds, including a situation where the student’s bus pass has been revoked due to not following the rules. The only exception is if your child moves away from the District. Your refund will be pro-rated based on the number of months left in the school year.
Walking to and Waiting for Your Bus
- Students using AM routes will be required to board at the assigned stop only. Find your designated bus stop ahead of time. White Hill students using PM routes will be able to get off at any stop along their designated route.
- Plan your walking route to the bus stop with parent or guardian
- Get to your stop five minutes early
- Have your Bus Pass ready to display
- Wait quietly at the stop away from the street
- Make sure the bus driver can see you! If you can’t see the bus driver’s eyes, you are too close to the bus!
Boarding the Bus
- Wait until the bus is stopped, and the bus driver says it’s OK, before boarding
- Hold on to the rails while boarding
- Show the bus driver your bus pass
- Find a seat, sit down, and buckle up!
- Keep the aisle clear
- Don’t bring anything on the bus that is not allowed at school
Riding the Bus
- Remain seated at all times
- Keep body parts inside the bus at all times
- Talk quietly with friends
- Listen to the bus driver, who always wants to make sure you are safe
- Don’t stand while the bus is moving
- If you have any questions or concerns, ask your friendly Bus driver!
Getting Off the Bus
- Don’t get off the bus until you are sure you are at the correct stop
- Wait until the bus is stopped, and the bus driver says it’s OK, before getting off the bus
- Don’t push or shove
- Once you are off the bus, don’t run in front of the bus or in between buses
- Afternoon drivers will drop students at their requested stop and then continue along the route. Once children exit the bus, they are the responsibility of their parents or guardians. If students require supervision once dropped off, please plan to arrive early so as not have them remain at the stop unsupervised.
Additional Behavior Guidelines
- No sharing bus passes
- No eating, drinking or littering on the bus
- Do not throw objects out of, on, or at bus
- Be courteous, no harassing others
- No fighting, profanity or spitting
- Do not vandalize the bus, bus stop or surrounding property
- No smoking or fire hazards on bus
- No illegal substance abuse or controlled substance use
- No animals or hazardous materials or objects are allowed on the bus.
- All items brought on the bus should be in a backpack, except for approved musical instruments or sports equipment.
- A verbal warning shall be issued to students violating behavior guidelines
- After a verbal warning, an Incident Report Form shall be submitted to the school, the student’s parents and Michael's Transportation
- The school may take appropriate disciplinary action
- The School Bus Coordinator may suspend or revoke transportation privileges without refund
- Parents/guardians are financially responsible for vandalism caused by their child